February 2, 2018

A different kind of POCKET LETTER using PACKAGING

I am sharing a pocket letter today that I made from different bits and pieces from my January and February Cocoa Daisy Memory Keeping kits. I especially used those things that you would usually not consider as paper crafting products: mainly all different kinds of packaging. This pocket letter was greatly inspired by Moon Hulsman who shared a very similar idea on her instagram last year.


As you can see, I used one of the big brown paper bags that our kits used to come in as my base and just folded the paper "harmonica style" to create pockets. Then I decorated the paper using the acrylic paint and layered papers and die cuts on top. Then I went on to create the filling for my pocket letter. Once I had gathered all the different pieces, I then went on to mark the width of each pocket and sewed lines along each pocket.


I used the stamp from the Classified kit: memory keeping edition and some lined paper to create some fun stationery for my pen pal and set aside one of the pages to write my own letter.


Here are some of the items I included in the letter: a glassine bag with some sequins and a flair button (all from the Cocoa Daisy Memory Keeping kits "Shine Bright"), a partial pack of enamel shapes (from the Cocoa Daisy Memory Keeping kits "Always") where I cut down a piece of the backing paper from one of the packages and added it all into another little bag of packaging. A bag with leftover die cuts, I again removed the backing and replaced it with a scrap of patterned paper and added a piece of ribbon to the top. And finally some washi samples from the Planner kits as well as the Cocoa Daisy Memory Keeping kits "Shine Bright" that I wrapped around a used Cable Car ticket.


Finally, I used the new yellow polka dot bag that contained our Memory Keeping kits this month to create an envelope. Because I am not so sure about the paper holding up while traveling all the way to the Philippines I used packing tape very liberally.

Here is a closer look at the pocket letter! I can't tell you how excited I am to send it off to my friend who has been waiting for a reply from me for such a long time. Thank you so much for letting me share this with you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment