August 27, 2017

"Einschulung" - October Afternoon


I received the scalloped paper from October Afternoon in a warehouse box from danipeuss in 2014. Even though, I didn't know what to do with it and even though, I didn't really like it at that time, I kept it in my stash forever with the intention of using it on a school layout for one of my kids. When Christine asked me to participate in her "Back to School" youtube series, I instantly knew that I just had to use this paper.


Since I have started to collect quite a little October Afternoon stash, I decided to use it to create my layout. I didn't really own a lot of October Afternoon embellishments (I just went to our local Flea Market hosted by my local scrapbook store and bought all October Afternoon that I could find), so I looked through my embellishments and pulled items from crate paper "Craft Market" and Shimelle's "Starshine" and "Little by Little". They all went well with the colors of the papers and the colors in the photos. And so I went to work.


The layout came together very quickly and I was able to layer lots and lots of embellishments onto the page. Surprisingly so, because I usually struggle with lots and lots of layers. But - I am absolutely in love with it. It's just perfect in every aspect ... so perfect that I am actually afraid to work on my next layout because I am quite certain that it won't be as perfect as this one. If you want to see how the layout came together, watch my process video on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment